Alan P. Agins, Ph.D
UNP 25th Annual Pharmacology Conference
This course is designed to meet the continuing education needs of advanced practice nurses. There will be an intense review and update of new pharmacological agents. Discussion of drugs and treatment modalities relating to specific illnesses will be reviewed at length. Drug actions, indications for use, contraindications, and side effects will be presented.
- Explain basic pharmacological and pharmacokinetic principles as they relate to devising a proper therapeutic regimen.
- Select an appropriate therapeutic treatment plan for a given patient condition.
- Determine appropriate use for new pharmacologic agents.
- The education activity will be submitted to the American Association of Nurse Practitioners for approval of up to 14 contact hours of accredited education.
Park City, Utah is one of the most accessible mountain towns in North America, where visitors and residents enjoy year-round access to world-class recreation, cultural activities and fine dining. With altitudes ranging from 6,720 to 10,000 ft., it boasts spectacular backdrops from every viewpoint and exciting activities befitting each season.
UNP has selected the Park City Marriott Hotel as the host hotel for the 25th Annual Pharmacology Conference.
Nestled in the heart of picturesque downtown Park City, Utah. The Marriott is an easy 45 minute drive from the Salt Lake International Airport and 2 minutes from Historic Main Street in Park City.
Park City Marriott Hotel
1895 Sidewinder Drive
Park City, Utah 84060
Directions From Salt Lake:
Take Interstate 80 East to the Kimball Junction/Park City exit - exit 145 for Highway 224. Follow Highway 224 for approximately 6 miles to Kearns Boulevard. Turn left and continue on the boulevard to Sidewinder Drive. Turn right and the hotel will be on the right.
- To make a reservation call: 800-228-9290 and reference Utah Nurse Practitioners Conference.
- To make an online reservation: Click here
- For information about Park City Marriott Hotel Click here
- Standard Room $124.00/night plus tax, subject to availability.
- Deadline for this price is April 2, 2018
- Hotel Parking is available and complimentary.
Transportation from the Salt Lake Airport to the Park City Marriott:
- Park City Direct: $44 and up. Website: http://www.parkcitydirectshuttle.com
- All Resort Express: $39 and up. Website: http://www.allresort.com
- Park City Shuttle: prices vary. Website: http://www.parkcityshuttle.com
Free Park City Transit System. It is the easiest way to get around Park City. Bus routes connect Historic Main Street, lodging, shopping, restaurants, Historic Main Street, Kimball Junction, North of Main, Quarry Village, Deer Valley Resort, Park City Mountain, or the Utah Olympic Park.There is a bus stop right outside the Marriott Park City hotel.
Utah Nurse Practitioners would like to express our sincere thanks to the following sponsors for providing educational grants.
American Association of Nurse Practitioners Group Lecture Series
"Comprehensive Care in COPD: Strategies for Nurse Practitioners"
This activity is supported by an educational funding provided by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Conference Planning Committee:
Mandy Al-Khudairi, Kim Bayless, Tori Bills, Ben Coulam, Tina Goldsmith, Penny Kaye Jensen, Diane Kendall, Patrice Kennedy, Jackie Shifrar, Mike Vreeland
We invite you to join us April 27-28, 2018 at the
Participants will have time to meet with exhibitors throughout the conference:
- Friday: Grand opening of the exhibit hall, networking lunch, and afternoon break
- Saturday: 1 - 2 morning breaks
Exhibits may be set up on Thursday, April 26th at 6 pm.
All exhibitors will receive recognition for their contribution:
- Exhibitors will be listed on the Conference Brochure
- Exhibitors will be listed on signage throughout the conference
- Exhibitors will receive recognition in Utah Nurse Practitioners Newsletter
Exhibitor Table Information
A 6 foot table will be provided. Electrical outlet access is limited to a few
tables in the room. In order to facilitate table assignment, please indicate if
you will need outlet access at your booth. Exhibitors must bring their own
extension cord; table coverings will be provided. Additional tables can be
requested on the online application.
UNP is a 501 (c)3 non-profit organization. The Tax ID number is EIN - 27-0015781.
A six foot table will be provided
2 Box lunches will be included