Call for Nominations 2012 ends Today Oct 15. 2012
For the term beginning January 1, 2013
This is your opportunity to participate, self nominate, if you would like to be involved, but not sure how, this is your ticket.
Try a one or two year board position
General Board of Directors:
Two 2- year board positions and One 1- year board position
- Membership: Two year consecutive board position
- Legislation: Two year consecutive board position
- Communication: One year board position
To be considered an eligible candidate for a position on the UNP General Board of Directors you must be a Full Member of Utah Nurse Practitioners in good standing for the previous twelve months. Full member is defined as being an Advanced Practice Nurse who has successfully completed his/her education and maintain certification as a Nurse Practitioner with a nationally approved certifying body.
Executive Board of Directors: 2 positions
- President Elect: Three Year consecutive term of office. President-Elect will transition to President automatically after serving one year term. Manages the organization and acts as official representative.
- Treasurer: Two year consecutive term of office. Coordinates financial management, responsible for budget and oversees payment of operations.
To be considered as an eligible candidate for these positions on the executive board you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Full Member of Utah Nurse Practitioners in good standing for the previous twelve months. Full member is defined as being an Advanced Practice Nurse who has successfully completed his/her education and maintain certification as a Nurse Practitioner with a nationally approved certifying body.
- Candidates for President Elect and Treasurer MUST have served on the General Board of Directors for twelve months prior to beginning service on the Executive Board and have been voting members in good standing.
For any interested candidate, please submit your letter of interest/bio to the nomination committee via email by October 15, 2012. Please include details that will help determine your eligibility such as education degree, certification(s), UNP membership tenure and prior board of director’s appointments with dates of service. This timing will allow for candidates to be introduced to the general membership at the November UNP Dinner.
This is an exciting time to be in the leadership committee of your state professional organization.
Questions? Please use the link below:
Jessica Lewis-Caporal, APRN FNP-BC