UNP 2012 Annual Scholarships extended until 4/7/2012
Utah Nurse Practitioners - UNP 2012 Annual Scholarships
Utah Nurse Practitioners would like to announce that applications for the 2012 Annual Scholarships, Research, and Service Awards are now being accepted. Applications are due by April 7, 2012. Awards will be presented at the annual pharmacology conference.
What is available?
UNP Student Scholarships, Research, and Service Awards:
- Three scholarships are available to to support NP student efforts in education, research, and clinical practice.
- One research grant to assist with a DNP or research project. This may include different areas of NP practice such as quality improvement, patient outcomes, health care policy development, or an area of focus area such as critical care, gerontology, internal medicine, family practice, women's health, community or family intervention.
- One community service grant awarded to a clinically active NP in need of funds for a project to help improve the care in our community, or an underserved population (may be local, national or international).
Applicants must be a student member or full member of UNP.
ALL award and grant recipients must provide a brief, 2-3 paragraph explanation/reflection upon completion of semester, class, research study, and project or community activity. Include a review of how you accomplished your objectives and use of awarded funds
How to Apply:
ALL interested individuals should submit a 500 word, double spaced, essay to the UNP scholarship committee. Application Deadline is: April 17, 2012.
E-mail completed applications to: Julie.Steele@hsc.utah.edu
Please include the following information:
1. Identify Scholarship Award Category.
2. Include demographic information—name, age, current program of study, expected date of graduation, and brief description of achievement(s), leadership qualities, and professional standards which qualify you for this scholarship.
3. Plans following graduation to aid in enhancing the identity and purpose of advanced practice nursing.
Scholarship Award Categories
- Three Annual Scholarships ($500 each). One to each of the BNS - NP programs in Utah. (University of Utah, Brigham Young University, and Westminster College). For academically and financially deserving NP students.
a) In addition to the information listed above, please include a description of financial need and address perseverance and dedication toward achievement of goals in making a contribution to advanced practice.
b) Describe evidence of exceptional academic achievement and merit through personal commitment, specialized knowledge, challenging ideas, and/or creative interdisciplinary interests.
- One Research Grant ($500). Awarded each year to an NP doctorate student (DNP or PhD) or to those in need of funds to complete a project or research that impacts advanced nursing practice. Describe objectives and basic methodology of planned research or particular specialty project focus and its contribution to the advancement of nursing science and advanced practice.
- One Community Service Grant (amount to be determined based on needs and resources). This grant may be awarded to a clinically active NP that can demonstrate the need for funds to assist with a project that will help to improve the care in our community, or an underserved population. Describe a community service initiative activity, event, program, project, or medical mission that encourages involvement within a community while readily addressing community needs. Include how the activity, event, program or project will directly impact quality of health care and service to others and elevates nursing practice. The community may be where you live, where you work, or service to other local, national or international underserved area or population with special needs.