Call for Clinical Poster Abstracts
Abstracts should describe creative, practice-based projects in any of the following areas:
- Case Study
- Theory Review
- Clinical Research
- Practice Innovations
Abstracts will be selected according to the following criteria: (a) uniqueness, (b) organization, (c) significance to quality patient care, (d) implications for Advanced Practice Nursing. Content of abstract may include areas specific to research, clinical practice or theoretical or concept analysis.
The following content areas should be addressed: (a) purpose and/or objectives of the project, (b) description and results of the project, and (c) conclusions/implications for practice.
Applications must be submitted by email and received by Friday, March 16, 2012 at 5:00 pm. Acknowledgement that materials arrived on time will be sent via email.
Deadline Negotiable per David Winmill.
ALL PRESENTERS ARE REQUIRED TO REGISTER AND BE PRESENT FOR THE CONFERENCE ON THE DAY OF THE POSTER SESSION AND PAY THE APPLICABLE REGISTRATION FEE BY REGISTRATION DEADLINES. UNP members receive a registration fee discount and student discounts are available. Registration information will be available soon.
Presenters whose abstracts are accepted will be notified by April 6, 2012. Requirements for final preparation of the poster will be made available at that time as well as the specific date and times of presentation.
PLEASE NOTE: Only those submissions complying with the following instructions will be reviewed. All completed applications Call for Clinical Poster Abstracts
19th Annual Utah Nurse Practitioner (UNP)
Abstracts for poster presentations are now being accepted for the 19th Utah Nurse Practitioner Pharmacology Conference on May 11-12, 2012 at the Marriott City Center at 220 South State St., Salt Lake City, Utah 84111. You are cordially invited to submit an abstract regarding research or clinical project to be presented during the conference.
Abstracs received the stated deadline will be independently and blindly reviewed by the Program Committee and UNP volunteers.
- Abstracts will include a title page and the body of the abstract will be accepted in Word (.doc) or Rich Text Format (.rtf) file format and shall consist of 1) a title page and 2) abstract.
- Title page shall include the following information centered, single-spaced on one (1) 8 ½” X 11” page: 1) words Clinical Poster Abstract, 2) title of the abstract and 3) names of the presenter(s) with degrees and credentials and 4) contact information for primary author/presenter to include phone number and email address. (Mailing address may be included if desired).
- Format of Abstract: the length of the main abstract body shall not exceed 400 words (excluding the title and author information) and will appear single-sided on one (1) 8½” X 11” page.
- Margins: Use only the following margin: Top: 0.375”; Bottom: 0.5”; Left: 1.25”, and Right: 1.25”.
- Type Styles: Use letter quality, 12-point size type. The preferred type face is Times New Roman, but others will be accepted.
- Titles: Abstract titles should be centered and in upper case letters and may not exceed 100 characters
- Authors: Cite the author(s) name, degree(s) and credentials. ALL individuals involved in the study must be listed.
- Body of the abstract including the specific elements outlined in the selection criteria on page 2.
Grant: If the study was supported in full or in part by a grant, cite the grant number and granting organization at the end of the abstract.
References: References are optional. Use a standard format for references. APA format is recommended.
Abstracts shall be submitted via email (as an attachment) to
Clinical Poster Submissions
19th Annual UNP Pharmacology Conference
Attn: David Winmill, DNP, ANP-BC, APRN